Gift Aid your donation and help save more lives
Gift Aid adds 25% value to the lovely things you bring. Sign up today! It only takes two minutes and costs you nothing.
Every Gift Aider is a Lifesaver
By signing up to Gift Aid you will be helping fund life-saving research and provide care for people in your community and across the nation.
What is Gift Aid?
- Gift Aid is a scheme run by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that means charities like The BHF can reclaim the tax on your donations at no extra cost to you.
- This means all your donations will be worth 25% more. So if the lovely things you bring sell for £10, we will actually receive £12.50.
Who can become a Gift Aider?
- You must be a current UK taxpayer, but this is not limited to tax on earnings.
- You also qualify if you pay tax on a pension, savings, property sales or rental income.*
- You only need to have paid as much in tax as the BHF will reclaim on your donations.
How do I become a Gift Aider?
- Download the form at home, print it out, fill in your details and bring to your local shop
- or fill in the form found in each donation bag received and place it inside the top of your bag full of things. If you are a Gift Aider already, please write your donor ID number on the outside of the bag where indicated.
- or take two minutes to join in any BHF shop, find out more at bhf.org.uk/giftaid
When your lovely things have sold we’ll write to you to let you know how much they have raised.
We’ll never share your details with third parties.
*Council Tax and VAT will not qualify as income tax.