Gift Aid your donation and help save more lives
Gift Aid adds 25% value to the lovely things you bring. Sign up today! It only takes two minutes and costs you nothing.
Every Gift Aider is a Lifesaver
By signing up to Gift Aid you will be helping fund life saving research and provide care for people in your community and across the nation.
What is Gift Aid?
- Gift Aid is a scheme run by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that means charities like The BHF can reclaim the tax on your donations at no extra cost to you.
- This means all your donations will be worth 25% more. So if the lovely things you bring sell for £10, we will actually receive £12.50.
Who can become a Gift Aider?
- You must be a current UK taxpayer, but this is not limited to tax on earnings.
- You also qualify if you pay tax on a pension, savings, property sales or rental income.*
- You only need to have paid as much in tax as the BHF will reclaim on your donations.
How do I become a Gift Aider?
- Download the form at home, print it out, fill in your details and bring to your local shop
- or fill in the form found in each donation bag received and place it inside the top of your bag full of things. If you are a Gift Aider already, please write your donor ID number on the outside of the bag where indicated.
- or take two minutes to join in any BHF shop, find out more at bhf.org.uk/giftaid
What if you’re an existing Gift Aid donor?
If you’re an existing British Heart Foundation Gift Aid donor and have run out of Gift Aid labels you can print your own bag labels. Download and print the PDF, fill in fields and attach one to each donation bag. You can tape them if needed, but make sure it is near the top of the bag on the outside, so that our staff can easily find it.
When your lovely things have sold we’ll write to you to let you know how much they have raised.
We’ll never share your details with third parties.
*Council Tax and VAT will not qualify as income tax.